Digital Painting on the iPad with Tracy Zakraysek 3 one-hour private lessons.
Digital Painting on the iPad
Ages 14 and up, mask required
$75 for 3 one-hour private lessons
Upon payment received, the instructor will contact you to schedule your private lessons
In these one-on-one lessons, I’ll work with you to discover how easy and fun it is to paint — really paint — on your iPad! The iPad is an exceptional tool because you only need a tablet and an Apple Pencil. No messy supplies, no set-up and clean-up. You can work from the comfort of your sofa or kitchen table! The Procreate app is a complete art studio for creating expressive sketches, luscious paintings, and so much more. It’s easy for a beginner to start using, and powerful enough for the professional artist.
What we will be doing:
In each one-on-one lesson we will work side by side on our iPads
- We will go over the tools, so you are thoroughly comfortable with them
- We will use them to draw/paint so we become familiar with how they work
- The drawing/painting practices are simple and easy for anyone to do
- We will learn the shortcuts and options for each tool
- We will learn to import images as references or as part of the painting
- We will learn to master the power of layers and masks
- We will learn to create and customize brushes
- We will learn to export a finished painting for printing
- iPad, compatible with Apple Pencil
- Apple Pencil
- Procreate application (from the App Store, $9.99)
- Some basic familiarity with the iPad would be helpful
About the Instructor
After a career in graphic design, Tracy Zakraysek continues to explore the vast possibilities of digital media by painting on the iPad. Her art is filled with vibrant colors and rich textures, often featuring animals as well as landscapes and abstract works. Prints are for sale at Stella’s Art Gallery and online at her Etsy shop, tracyzakraysekprints.